Tuesday, August 8, 2023

The Journey – Day 12

 The Journey – Day 12

I met one of the campers here on Saturday. Her name is Jan. She and her husband live here permanently. We had a nice conversation. I mentioned I write. I shared some of the thoughts from a previous blog post, where I mentioned people are here for various reasons. Some have stopped over for the night to get some rest. Others wound up here unintentionally and are stuck, waiting for something new to occur.

Jan spoke up at this point and said, “That’s us. We didn’t plan to be here.” They sold their house and bought a camper. The intent was to spend their retirement years traveling. Then her husband had a stroke. Now they live at a campground while she takes care of him, which is a full-time job. It’s quite sad.

This is a stark reminder that you never really know what is going on with those you may encounter every day. It would have been easy to assume Jan was enjoying retirement, traveling around the country, living the life they had always dreamed.

Jan spoke of a relationship with the Lord. Her eyes sparkled when she shared with me the intimacy that she has with her heavenly Father. I gave her a copy of my book, The Names of God. She was very appreciative, but I’m pretty sure she could probably teach me some things on God’s character, because she spoke as though she knew Him very well.

I look forward to meeting other travelers here, to hear their stories and learn more about the dreams that brought them here, or those which will perhaps take them from here.


No comments: