Thursday, August 10, 2023

The Journey – Day 15

 The Journey – Day 15

It’s been two weeks since moving to a campground, living in an RV. It is still a process to become acclimated to this new lifestyle. Some habits die hard.

I joined a new gym, Planet Fitness, which is working out ok. I’m getting into a new routine, or more accurately, working my old routine into a new setting. Staying focused on priorities is my greatest challenge. Right now, everything seems to be a priority. However, I see a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, it will open up to a beautiful, lush valley, filled with colorful flowers, a million shades of green in the trees and meadows below, and the sweet smell of new beginnings, leading to a whole new set of mountain peaks to climb.

I’ve written about this many times over the years, but for me, this is one of the greatest events in scripture. When Moses successfully orchestrated the release of Israel from Egypt, they made a path for Mt. Sinai, the place God set as a meeting place. One of the first things God told the people was this: Today is the beginning of days for you! With one statement, God changed their calendar and made that day “January 1” in a new year. He is God, so He can do this anytime He wants, for anyone He wants.

It was a new beginning which took 40 years to complete the process. I don’t know if I have 40 years left, but I don’t want to waste time in the wilderness before entering into the next season of life. I’m still searching for “the promised land” which God has prepared for me, but I believe it will be revealed in due time. Right now, I will focus on Him, learn more about Him, spend my days becoming like Him, and one day break out of the tunnel into the beauty described above.

No comments: