Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tuesday Thrombosis | 20 May 2014 - Indifference

God is love. Very few would disagree with that statement. It's in the Bible. However, God also hates. Many would disagree with that statement. It is also in the Bible.

Today's "Thrombosis" (see the "Thematic Post" entry for an explanation) is indifference.

Hate is not the opposite of love. It this were true God, whom is love, could not hate; yet He does. The opposite of love is indifference. Read the story of the Good Samaritan. The issue with the first two individuals that did not render aid was not hate. It was indifference.

The problem God had with Laodicea was indifference. He told them, "I would rather you be cold or hot." I attribute this to identity. You know when someone is cold. You know when someone is hot. You know when someone loves you. You know when someone hates you.

The problem is with indifference. God wants to know where you stand. He wants others to know. Make a choice.

Make this your prayer:
Lord, reveal areas of indifference in my life.  Help me to resist the tendency to remain neutral. Help me accept the grace You gave so that I can love others. I repent of indifference so that your love can flow through the once clogged areas of my life. In Jesus' name.

No comments: