Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Thematic Posts Coming Soon

Things are getting Kurioser and Kurioser.
New blog topics coming soon! I hope to start them this week. Please provide some feedback; either comments or questions. Even corrections if needed.

Monday Moorings – axioms for life

Greetings!

In an attempt to practice the craft of writing, and to have a more consistent presence on this blog, I’m starting a new weekly entry called “Monday Moorings.” I really thought I had found a winner with that title. Then, after a quick Google search, I realized that Solomon got it right: “there is nothing new under the sun.” Since I did not know the person I decided to use the title anyway.

Monday morning is one of the most dreaded times in the U.S. I’m not sure why. I’ve never had a problem with Monday morning. In lieu of manic Monday mornings I thought I would bring something each week that we can use to bring stability to our lives, as a ship moors in the harbor. There is another meaning to the word “moor” and that’s where this title has its origin. According the Miriam-Webster on-line dictionary, the 3rd meaning of the word is: moorings – an established practice or stabilizing influence.

I hope you visit regularly. I know it takes effort to type a response but I value your input. Please consider a comment, or even a question.

Blessings!

Dudley

Tuesday Thrombosis – getting to root issues

Greetings!

I know catchy titles are hard to come by, but you have to call this stuff something. Tuesday’s blog entries will look at root issues. A thrombosis is a serious condition caused when a blood clot blocks the flow of blood in a blood vessel: the formation or presence of a blood clot within a blood vessel.

When blood flow is inhibited tissue cannot receive proper nutrition and oxygen, which causes it to die.

If we address root issues honestly we can keep a healthy flow in our lives that will lead to personal growth and strength of character. Let’s unclog some arteries!

Blessings!

Dudley

Wednesday Wit – Laughter doeth good

Greetings!

My daughter once thought I was the funniest man in the whole world. She was only 4 years old. I’m sure I did look funny to a 4 year old. Unfortunately, she was too young to understand any of my attempts at humor but she laughed anyway.

Perhaps I will be more successful with this audience. Most of you are older than 4, but you may have required the help of a 4 year old to surf to this site. :)

Blessings!

Dudley

Thor’s Day Thundering – Acknowledging the true God. (Hint: It isn’t Thor)

Greetings!

As they say in some circles, “God is god all by Himself.” He does not need my help. However, I want to share some things about our God that hopefully you will find encouraging.

Blessings!

Dudley

Friday Fritz – things left in disorder or disrepair from the week can be resolved with rest

Greetings!

I may not write a post in each category every week. Not only would you get blog fatigue, I may not be able to think of that many things to say. However, on Fridays I’d like to look at ways to work on things over the weekend so you can get off to a great start with batteries re-charged and ready to take on new or old challenges in the coming week.

Blessings!


Dudley

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to more!

Martha Harris said...

Such a great, creative idea!

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I like thematic posting! Plus, I've noticed that people tend to post more when they have a plan, so to speak.

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Oh...by the way, out of the many years I've blogged on blogger, I never noticed that "add" button at on the Reading List. Duh!