Thursday, January 17, 2019

Words, Words, Words

I know it will never happen. In fact, I think it will probably get worse as our devolves due to texting shortcuts and pure apathy toward spelling and diction. But, for us purests out there that still care, here is my latest set of words that give me pause.

Choose vs. chose (present and past tense of the same verb)
Loose vs. lose (following the above set of words the spelling is similar, but pronunciation is totally different)

English is hard!

On another note, do you recall the movie Bambi? Other that the infamous "We are always in danger when man is in the woods", there was another scene that came to mind recently. When spring arrived all the animals began to pair up. I forget the character's name, but I believe it was the owl that explained the phenomena as being "twitterpated". Today, that word would have a whole new meaning.

No comments: