Friday, November 24, 2023

The Journey - Week 17

 I haven't posted in The Journey in a while. I've settled into a routine that is workable. My trips to the gym have been disrupted by foot surgery which kept me out of pocket for the past five weeks. I hope to resume exercising next week.

Most of the people I met at the campground have left. Some new ones have arrived. Lots of folks coming and going. I'm constantly amazed at how many nomadic people there are in the U.S. I had no idea until now. It will be interesting to see how the holidays affect the activity here.

I haven't decorated anything yet, but I hope to change that in the coming weeks. We will see.

Cullman has a huge Christmas celebration planned. As a matter of fact, it begins tonight and goes through December 23. It's touted as the largest in the U.S. I can't refute it, but I don't know if it's one of those "World's Greatest Cup of Coffee" claims or not. I'll check it out at some point.

Looking forward to singing with the Crossroads Baptist choir for Christmas. We start rehearsals this coming week. I discovered a neat Christmas playlist on Spotify. I've enjoyed listening and getting into the spirit of the season.

I'll try to update more frequently. Things have been pretty busy lately. Until next time ...

No comments: