Thursday, May 12, 2016

A Song About Patience

I didn't write this song, but I wish I was at the place in my walk with the Lord that I could. I've sung it several times in church, mostly for myself. I don't know if anyone else appreciated it much. Since I've been looking at The Weapons for the Believer, specifically The Fruit of the Spirit, I have been very convicted about the level of Patience that I display. Right. I know some of you that know me just chuckled. I have no patience!

But, I want patience. The following are the lyrics to a song that is hard to sing. Not musically hard, but spiritually hard. If you can sing (or recite) these lyrics, and mean them, I believe you are on your way to a deeper walk with Father. If you take time to read them I'd like to know your thoughts. Either post here (even anonymously) or Private Message me on FaceBook, Twitter, or any other means you can find.

"Thank You, Lord"

Verse 1:
Thank You, Lord, for the trials that come my way,
In that way I can grow each day as I let You lead.

Verse 2:
And I thank You, Lord, for the patience those trials bring,
In that process of growing I can learn to care.

Chorus:
But it goes against the way I am to put my human nature down,
And let the Spirit take control of all I do.
‘Cause when those trials come my human nature shouts the thing to do
And God’s soft prompting can be so easily ignored.

Verse 3:
And I thank You Lord for each trial I feel inside
That You’re there to help lead and guide me away from wrong

Verse 4:
And You promised, Lord, that with every testing
That Your way of escaping is easier to bear.

Repeat Chorus

Verse 5:
Yes, I thank You, Lord, for the victory that growing brings,
In surrender of everything life is so worthwhile.

Ending:
And, I thank You, Lord, that when everything’s put in place
Out in front I can see Your face, and it’s there You belong.

Thank You, Lord


From the musical: The Apostle
Continental Singers 1973
a musical witness of the life and writings of "The Apostle" Paul

By Cam Floria / Orchestrations by Lex de Azevedo

No comments: