Friday, April 26, 2019

The Call to Worship - Preface


My latest book, The Call to Worship, has just been released and will be available on Amazon by May 1, 2019, in both print and Kindle formats. I hope you read it. If you do, please send comments. My e-mail address is included in the book, or you can leave them here.


The Call to Worship

Preface

After completing my first book on worship, The Names of God, I began looking for material for writing. Our church had a school of ministry at that time and I had accumulated a list of potential topics for classes that I could teach. As I began reviewing the list it came to me that it would make a great book.

I began writing on the various topics, not really knowing where it would lead. The end result was a trilogy of books on the subject of worship. This is the first. It’s a simple look at what it means to be a Christian.

Every person born has a call from God to become like His Son, Jesus. The first step, of course, is to become a Christian. That restores relationship to the Father. That, however, is only the beginning. Worship is the life of every Believer.

I challenge you to spend time evaluating each aspect of worship mentioned. The chapters are short, but hopefully your time spent in application will be long and fruitful.

The remaining books in the trilogy will be out later this year. I hope you read them as you pursue The Call.



No comments: