Monday, December 25, 2023

Is This All There Is To Christmas Morn?

A few years ago I wrote a Christmas song. Below are the lyrics. I don't have a decent recording of it, so just imagine it being sung by Michael Buble to an amazing tune.


Is This All There Is to Christmas Morn?

Verse 1
Preparations made, All the gifts sit underneath the tree.
Minds filled with wonder, Each package full of hope and mystery.

Verse 2
Did they remember, After oh so many lists and hints were given.
That one special gift That would make life truly worth the living.

Chorus 1
Year after year when the paper and bows
Lay shredded on the floor.
So many gifts were opened,
But not the one I’m longing for.
Everything I needed, just not what I wanted,
Yet still I hoped for something more.
Is this all there is to Christmas morn?

Verse 3
Still a young virgin, All her life ahead was yet to be.
Her mind filled with wonder, Each day full of hope and mystery.

Verse 4
The angel appeared, He spoke words that were very hard to hear.
But in simple faith, Mary asked the Father to come near.

Repeat Chorus 1

Bridge
While picking up the wrap and bows
That were strewn across the floor.
I found the family Bible
And opened it once more.
Luke’s story brought me back to Bethlehem.
A baby born in a manger filled with hay.
The greatest gift in all the world
Came to me on that blessed day.
This is all there is to Christmas morn!

Chorus 2
Now year after year when the paper and bows
Lay shredded on the floor.
All the gifts were opened
How could we long for more?
I remember the Baby, lying in the manger
Now there’s no need for something more.
This is all there is to Christmas morn!

© 2013 Kurios Music. Words and music by Dudley Harris.

No comments: