Monday, August 14, 2023

The Journey – Day 19

 The Journey – Day 19

I’m settling into camper life. It’s strange to be aware of how much water you use on a regular basis. If I was not in a campgrounds connected to a water source, I would have depleted my water supply the first day. I never knew I took long showers. The grey tank is filling up in about 3 days. Even though I’m constantly connected to the water source, the disposal still has to be done manually – and frequently. If you don’t drain the tanks they will back up into the camper. Not a great idea.


This is a kind of picture of God’s love. He is constantly giving to us. If we try to consume all of the love He gives we cannot contain it. We cannot keep it in reserve. We have to process what we can in the moment and pass on the rest to others. We were created to be a conduit, not a holding tank.

Find ways to share God’s love with others. There are folks all around us every day who need grace, mercy, kindness, a listening ear, or a word spoken in due season. Be their resource for what they need from God today. You will be blessed in the process of being a blessing.

No comments: