Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Let 2019 Be Your Year of Wonder!


One of my favorite songs by TRUTH is All The Way Back Home by Gloria Gaither and Dony McGuire. It sums up the Believer’s response while in the wilderness when wandering finally turns to wondering.

Verse 1:
My rebellion I called freedom took
My birthright in its hand
And I woke up in some pigpen
In a distant alien land

But I saw myself this morning dared
To see what God could see
And admit I’m lost and lonely
So tomorrow I will be

Chorus
On the road back home to Father
I’ll not stop along the way
I was born to higher purpose
I won’t waste another day

Won’t be camping on the border
Just in sight of what I’ve known
It’s all the way or nothing
It’s all the way back home

Verse 2:
Never been a halfway person
All or nothing is for me
When my footsteps lost direction
I was lost as lost could be

But at last I’ve learned my lesson
Learned from many troubled days
Now that I have started homeward
I’m going all the way[i]


[i] © 1979 Designer Music/SESAC (adm. By CapitolCMGLicensing.com), Hanna Street Music/BMI (adm. By CapitolCMGLicensing.com)


Let this be your declaration as we begin a new year. Find the wonder!

No comments: