Thursday, January 18, 2024

The Journey - Month 6

 I haven't posted about the journey lately. It's been six months since I moved into the camper. January is a rough month to be in an RV. It's cold! Actually, the newer RVs are very well insulated. As long as you have propane, you'll be ok. Fortunately, the cold usually doesn't last very long in Alabama.

Besides the weather, everything else seems to be getting more routine. Working from home is a little different. Since the space is relatively small (basically 2 rooms) you have to be diligent to separate work from leisure. This hasn't been too much of a problem for me.

With the changing temps, social contact has been minimized. I haven't made any new acquaintances lately. Most of the people I met early on have left. I'm still amazed at the number of resident campers there are. I had no idea so many people lived in RVs.

I'm spending more time writing lately. That is a goal for the new year. I'd like to finish at least one of the writing projects I have started. There are several in the works. The primary one I want to finish is "The Road Back from Nowhere." I started it back in 2022 when COVID broke out.

There are a few writing projects which I started years ago and would like to get back to at some point. One is a book on Baptism. Another is one of my favorite titles: Managed Expectations. I'm also working on "The Names of God II" in hopes of getting 365 names, which could then be turned into a daily devotional.

Beyond writing, I hope to find a new outlet for music. I had the privilege of singing in a Christmas choir. It was very enjoyable. I love the dynamic of choral music. I've also considered auditioning for a musical. We shall see.

I'm recovering from foot surgery. It was a much longer recuperation than expected. It took me off my exercise routine. It's been difficult getting back in the routine, but I'm working on it. Coming off daylight saving time made it harder to get to the gym early. I will get back there soon.

I found out another grandchild is on the way. This time it's a boy! The first male grand. I'm pretty excited.



No comments: