Thursday, September 21, 2023

The Journey - Week 7

The Journey – Week 7

I’m beginning to feel settled. It’s a long way from normal, but more manageable. I met a few more folks at the campgrounds. So far, they all have a story which brought them here. The vast majority of the campers here are long-timers. I’m the newbie.

My neighbor on one side is a young couple. They are here trying to save money for land to build a house. They have a young daughter. I can’t really imagine raising a child here. Maybe their dream will be realized soon. Another I met is here from Florida. She and her husband are here for an undetermined time-frame. Unexpected health problems have sidelined their plans. They are biding their time here waiting on things to improve.

Waiting is a common motif I’ve heard in all of the stories thus far. Apparently, campgrounds are popular spots to wait. That seems to be a pretty easy thing to do here. There is not much else to do but wait.

Waiting is not really a problem. The important thing is what you do during the wait. When you have the luxury of time to wait, it should be spent with intentional activity. If not, it is just wasted time.

My book, “Wonder in the Wilderness”, gives lots of insight into what to do with waiting time. I’m gleaning from my own words during this season. You don’t have to be living in a camper to be in a wilderness. The path to where you are varies for each of us, but the actions we take while here are basically the same. You have to get your eyes (both natural and mental) focused on the answer which for every one of us is God.

You can pick up a copy of my book on Amazon in both print and Kindle format. If you don’t have the funds to cover the cost, send me an email and I’ll email a .pdf copy of the book to you. I pray as you find a way to “wonder” while in the wilderness you will spend less time “wandering”. 

If you choose to read it, please let me know your thoughts.

1 comment:

Martha Harris said...

Your waitress no seems to be quiet and slow or even stillness. My waiting includes much activity and movement. But, we are both moving toward the source of life itself!